- We are a ski club located in New York on long Island. We host national and international trips, as well as social and recreational activities throughout the year. Most of our members reside in Nassau County, Suffolk County, Queens, and Brooklyn. We are a group of people who honor the long-standing traditions of the club, while still incorporating new ideas. We seek others who have an appreciation for these values: Camaraderie, involvement, commitment, good humor, creativity and mutual respect. Our focus is to provide a variety of enjoyable activities, attract people with similar interests, promote long lasting friendships and help develop the skills and talents of each member.
Do you have to live in Garden City to become a member?
- Our constitution states that membership is open to those who live in Garden City and the surrounding area. Over the years, and with modern transportation, that is now interpreted to include all of Long Island and part of the metropolitan area, as long as the other requirements for membership are meet.
Is there an age requirement to join the club?
- You must be at least 21 years of age to become a member of the club. If you are under 21, you can participate in club activities as long as you are accompanied by a parent or guardian, regardless if they are a member or not. Those under 21 pay member fees on trips, since they are unable to qualify for membership at that time. The Garden City Ski Club reserves the right to not allow people under 21 to participate on an activity depending on the type and location of the activity, regardless of who they are being chaperoned by.
What is the cost of membership?
- Membership is $50 for new or renewing members
Do you have to be a member to participate in an event with the club?
- No, on most events, all are welcome as guests of the club. On ski trips, guests pay a slightly higher fee, since they have not paid dues.
How long has the Garden City Ski Club be in existence?
- The first meeting of the Garden City Ski Club was on November 26, 1940.
How many members are in the club?
- Currently there are about 100 members.
What is the makeup of the membership?
- There is a wide range of people in the club. The ages run from 21 to well into their 80’s. They are made up of singles, couples and families and come from all walks of life.
Do you have to be a good skier to join the club?
- No, there are members of all skiing ability levels, from 1st timers to experts. You will always be able to find someone who skis at your level.
Is the club only open to skiers?
- No, although most members are downhill skiers, we also have cross country skiers, telemarkers, and snowboarders
TRIPS AND ACTIVITIES
DISCOUNT LIFT TICKETS 2017 / 2018
Discounted lift tickets are available to club members
Contact us for more info or to order any tickets. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for delivery. All orders must be paid in advance.
SPECIAL DISCOUNT DAYS 2017 / 2018
The Follow Ski Resorts have designated specific days when they will offer discounted lift tickets to ski club members. Please click on the name of the resort and follow the instructions on the flyer to receive your tickets. The New York Met Council link contains multiple resorts. If there are no instructions given then just show your ski club membership card at any ticket windows at the resort on the specified day.